[MRC-5] Increase Validator Set to 75

This is an interesting discussion. From my perspective I think the increase in the active set will not to further distribute the delegations.

MARS holders will delegate to validators who they:

1. align with (philisophically and politically),
  2. trust and
  3. whose brand they recognise

I do not see how increasing the active set size will contribute to 1),2) or 3).

In addition to the arguments, @Dohko_01 made, I think having a smaller active set will be beneficial to MARS holders who delegate as the validators seeking delegations will have to work harder on 1), 2) and 3) (as outlined above).

2 Likes

after 50M undelegated top 1 and top 2 will be almost 30% VP and top 3 can halt chain. Still increase active set has no additional benefits because you think nobody redelegate to bottom active set? Then we can askā€¦ why another cosmos chains increase valset even there chains are in better condition?

1 Like

At the current state, we are out of the active set.
The ticket to the actve set is wait too high to allow us to join and fight in the lower rank of the board in the current situation.

you will have huge difficulties to find delegators to delegate 80k $MARS on your not bonded validator. Even with a nice community.

By the way, while we are not in the active set, it cost us as minimum as possible and we donā€™t run the relayer for MarsProtocol.

We would also support this proposal. We have registered our validator on block. 49 :slight_smile:

And we have been active for the first couple of days, we would really get some more runway to keep going if the validator set is expanded.

1 Like

Given that the current #60 validator has 8,389 MARS delegated to it and the #75 validator has 1.1 MARS delegated to it, we see no reason to distribute rewards to the 61-75 ranked validators who really have shown no interest in accumulating stake on their own.

Weā€™d support this proposal IF it was adjusted to say ā€œIncrease Validator Set to 60ā€

From the perspective of encouraging competition to enter the active set (and thus helping support the MARS price in the long run), we feel thereā€™s no reason to expand the active validator set by 50% so quickly.

2 Likes